Sunday, May 6, 2012

Craigslist Finds: My Free Playground

One man's trash is another man's treasure. So true...especially re the stuff on Craigslist.

This lady was giving away her wooden playground set. I wrote her a very convincing email and she chose us over the tons she received in 1 hour of her posting and let us haul this hidden beauty away (I had checked out playgrounds like this for about 8 months now so I told her the details of how I plan on hauling this massive thing away. She felt convinced I meant business. I sure do, when it comes to Craigslist.)


Testing out the product at their house. I think the lil guy approves. 



We rented a Uhaul truck. This thing was massive. 



Very heavy, I tell ya. 


Have you ever gotten nervous after taking something apart because you may not remember how to put it back together? 



Somebody is ready for a playground...now, please. 


Grandpaly was the mastermind behind this project. Out there at the crack of dawn with his cigare...medicine. 


Chief sanding away the old wood, revealing fresh red oak. 




I think the set was 15 years old or so. Had to get rid of some rusted parts. 


 Put in new chains




Added some new color. Can you see the top vs bottom bar?



Oh, so patient...




And FINALLY! After three full days of hard work!
(Still a lot of detailing left to do. Need to sand some more, weather proof it, add safety sand paper here and there)




A happy kid in NJ


Lesson Learned:

Never despise the old or unattractive. You'll be surprised.



Love,

Sunnyluna

2 comments:

  1. Did you send these pics to the seller? I bet she would be so happy to see you DID mean business.

    ReplyDelete